Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Participants are to read the following terms and conditions before proceeding with registration. By submitting the application form, you consent and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set out herein, any other terms and conditions may be prescribed by the organizer from time to time in relation to the event. Failure to comply with the terms and conditions may result in disqualification from the event.
1. Entry Restrictions and Process
● This competition is open to all except the staff of the organiser.
● Only one entry is allowed per team.
● Registration for the competition will be open from 29 April 2018, 900AM to 31 July 2018, 1159PM or when the race slots are fully taken up; whichever is earlier.
● Application to enter the competition can be done through www.raceeatplay.com/RegisterPortal after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
● In order to qualify, participants must adhere to the rules and regulations of the competition as found in www.raceeatplay.com/RulesandRegulations.pdf.
● Drivers of the Soapbox vehicle are to be at least 18 years old on the day of the competition.
● By taking part in this competition, participants are aware that they are entering on their own risk, and that JTC Corporation and its associated companies, distributors, or agents are not liable for any injuries sustained during the event, including death.
2. The Event
● The race is currently scheduled to be held at Fusionopolis Way. However, this date may be subject to change at JTC’s Corporation sole discretion.
● All registered drivers must be able to turn up at Fusionopolis Way on 8 September 2018 at the allocated time given nearer to the day of the competition, or any other dates as notified by JTC Corporation.
● JTC Corporation will not be held responsible for any costs incurred by participants of the event should the event be postponed, delayed, or cancelled.
3. Judging and Prizes
● All Soapbox vehicles will be judged by a panel of judges that are selected by JTC Corporation.
● The number of applications that will be accepted to take part in the Event will be at the discretion of JTC Corporation.
● The judging criteria will be based on showmanship, creativity, ingenuity and technical feasibility.
● If any successful participant can no longer participate in the event, JTC Corporation may contact unsuccessful applicants and offer them a chance to participate in the event. This is subject to JTC Corporation absolute discretion.
● All prizes available at the event are subjected to change at any time at the discretion of JTC Corporation.
● All prizes are as stated, they are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
4. Application, Build, and Event costs
● Application, Soapbox vehicle building and design costs are to be covered by participants in the competition.
● No expense claims from any team will be accepted by JTC Corporation.
● JTC Corporation will also not cover any costs associated with accommodation or travel related to participants’ attendance at the event.
5. Intellectual Property
● Applicants are encouraged to submit to us videos, pictures, and models of the design of your Soapbox vehicle as part of the application.
● By submitting to JTC Corporation videos, pictures, and models of the design of your Soapbox vehicle, you allow for JTC Corporation to have non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable and unlimited rights to use your application for any purpose in any kind and in any and all means and media known, including any mass media advertising. JTC Corporation also has the right to be allowed to sublicense and/or assign the granted rights (in whole or in part) to any third party, in particular to its parent company and its affiliates.
● Applicants are to be solely responsible for the content of one’s application and any videos, pictures and models of one’s Soapbox vehicle design, including in relation to any defamatory material or content that intrudes on the privacy of any third party. JTC Corporation disclaims any and all liability with regards to any applications made. Accordingly, applicants agree to indemnify JTC Corporation in respect of all actions, claims, costs, damages, demands, expenses, fines, losses, liabilities, penalties and sanctions (including, but not limited to, losses that are indirectly associated with the posting or publishing of your application, loss of profit and loss of reputation, amounts paid in settlement, out-of-pocket expenses, interest, penalties and all reasonable legal and other professional costs and expenses) arising out of or in connection with the posting or publishing of one’s application.
● Applicants are assured to have and continue to have, all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions necessary for the use of all content in one’s application and any videos, pictures and models of the Soapbox vehicle design, including in particular any intellectual property rights in any images or music contained.
6. Liability and Indemnities
● Unless there is fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, JTC Corporation and its associated companies, agents, and distributors are not responsible and liable, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
○ Any postponement or cancellation of the competition or event
○ Any changes to competition, event, or any prize
○ Any act or default of any supplier which are beyond JTC Corporation’ reasonable control.
● JTC Corporation does not accept responsibility for any liability that arises from technical incompatibility, or any technical difficulties of any kind.
● JTC Corporation will not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for injury, death, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
● In an event of participants feeling ill or becoming injured during the competition, JTC Corporation may, at participants cost, arrange or supply medical treatment, evacuation or any other emergency services on your behalf as JTC Corporation deems necessary or appropriate for participants’ safety and well-being. Any costs incurred will be passed on to participants, and a receipt will be provided which one may use to claim this amount back from one’s health insurance.
● Applicants agree to indemnify JTC Corporation against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of this agreement with JTC Corporation.
● Except to the extent that they are stated expressly in these terms and conditions, and to the fullest extent permissible by law, no conditions, warranties or any other terms are applicable to the competition.
● JTC Corporation reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, terminate, amend or extend the competition without being responsible or liable to applicants should the competition be considered compromised by any event beyond JTC Corporation’ control.
● JTC Corporation’s decision in all matters will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
● By participating in the competition, you agree to JTC Corporation’s use of your image and personal details for use in related promotional activities.
● The refusal to post, edit, or remove any application or comment related to an application for any reason, with or without prior notice and without liability may occur at JTC Corporation’ sole discretion.
● JTC Corporation reserves the right to update and/or alter the terms and conditions at any time. The latest terms and conditions are available on www.raceeatplay.com/TermsandConditions.pdf , and this version supersedes all previous versions of the terms and conditions.
A refundable $100 deposit is required to confirm your registration. Your registration is not complete until you've made your deposit.